Have you ever thought about creating your own blog for your various classes you teach. It's easy and free. Blogger and Wordpress are just two of many free web sites that allow you to create, post, edit, and share all your own content. Both are easy to use. After a few months of blogging you and your students will find that your page will begin to be "pinged". Soon you'll have readers leaving comments from all over the world.
A blog is just another tool to communicate and create with. The added advantage is that you can pursue using a blog to reach a gloabl perspective on various topics. You can search Google, Yahoo, Technoratti, Twitter, and other sites to help find blogs that are of interest to you. You'll be surprised how many classrooms are already using these powerful tools to increase student engagement and to seek a global perspective on student work.
On the right side of the page I've added some popular blogs that I subscribe too about various educational topics. By subscribing to the RSS feed every time the blog is updated I am notified via e-mail. Many blogs even provide notification every time someone else posts.
The video below is a short clip that helps explain the easy way to get started with blogging. If security and privacy is an issue you can choose various settings and make your blog open or closed. You can even add a "ClusterMap" that shows you where in the world your visitors are fun.
As you can tell I am quite a fan of blogging. I find them to be a useful way to share ideas, collect input, and to professionally network. Many of the blogs mentioned on the right are from around the world. Students 2.0 is a student produced collaborative global blog. Dangerously Irrelevant, Fits and Dugues, and Thinking Allowed are two of my favorites. If you have a blog you think is worth sharing let me know via e-mail or here and I will post its link as well.
Happy Blogging!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment